Welcome to Year 2
Staff - Miss Jones, Mrs Woodhall & Miss McDougall
There will be some online learning uploaded to The Seesaw website which can be accessed from a computer or using an app on a tablet. https://web.seesaw.me/
Children will need their individual logins.
Those who need their logins, please email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
These are some useful links to support your children's home learning. Please browse through and have a go. They are all free or require you to sign up for free!
Reading: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ (Lots of free E-books)
Maths: https://ttrockstars.com/ (Children have their own logins already sent home)
Science: http://ve12.lgfl.org.uk/ (Virtual science experiments)
Spelling: https://play.edshed.com/login (Children have their own logins already sent home)
Spelling, Maths & Reading: https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ (An account is required but it is free)
Keep an eye on twitter for more links to resources - @MissJonesBVP
Happy Easter Holidays!
I have been thinking of some fun, creative activities you could have a go at with your families over the Easter holidays.
Choose some of them, have a go and then send me a picture of them, I am missing you all lots and would love to see you and your creations!
- Create an Easter bonnet (we would have done this if we were in school for our Easter parade)
- Have a go at creating a scavenger hunt for someone in your family, you could do it in your garden or on your daily walk
- Make your own play dough, and tell a story using your creations! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/playdough-recipe
- Make a bird feeder and keep an eye on what birds visit your garden, you could even make a tally chart! https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/makes/bird-feeder
- Take a virtual tour of Chester Zoo or Edinburgh Zoo and tell me all about the animals you saw, or draw a picture of some of them https://www.chesterzoo.org/virtual-zoo/ https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams/panda-cam/
- Take a virtual trip to the Liverpool Museums just like the trip we were supposed to go on! https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/virtual-tours#section--explore
- Create an exercise routine to rival Joe Wicks, write it down and I will have a go at it!
I hope you have fun with these activities and I am looking forward to seeing your pictures, videos and writings about them.
Missing you all lots and cannot wait to be back at school!
Happy Easter. Stay safe. Wash your hands.
Miss Jones :)
Useful English Links: