Welcome to Reception
Hello Reception and welcome to our class page. We have started the year as we mean to go on with lots of smiles, hard work and an eagerness to learn. I am really impressed with how well you have all settled into your new class. You have all made lots of new friends and you are adapting to the new routine with confidence. We will be learning lots of new and exciting things this year, I can't wait!
Keep checking back on this page for updates and photographs of our fantastic leaning.
P.E is every Friday, make sure you have your kit.
Snack is 50p a week.
How you can help your child at home:
- Attendance. The reception year is vitally important as this is the year when children begin to lay the foundations for their future learning. Being in school every day ensures your child has a solid foundation on which to build.
- Encourage them to have a go at dressing themselves.
- Read, read and read. In reception we begin to learn our sounds and learn how to blend the sounds in words together to read the word. Reading at home is so important as children practise their sounds and reading words, this builds confidence and fluency in reading. Practising your sounds cards at home also helps to support their sound recognition.
- Practise writing sentences, letters, words, names, anything they like to support and develop handwriting skills.
- Practise counting forwards, backwards, objects, claps etc to support their knowledge of the number system. Finding numbers in the environment to support their number recognition skills. Practise adding groups together or take away.